How to clean velvet shoes. Velvet shoes give your outfit a ravishing look, however, velvet shoes can be tricky to maintain a clean look. But there are some tools like velvet shoe protector which keeps your shoes protected.
For cleaning velvet shoes, you first need to identify which type of cleaning is required. For example, cleaning the stains and spots, cleaning mud and dirt, and shining the velvet shoes.
How to clean velvet shoes complete guide 2021
Here is the step-by-step approach to clean the velvet shoes.
Removing dirt and dust:
In case your velvet got dirty with some dust and dirt on the skin of the shoes. You can remove dust and dirt easily by following the below steps.
- If your shoes got mud, wait until the mud stain is dried.
- Take a soft brush, a toothbrush, or velvet shoe brush
- Don’t brush your shoes if they are wet.
- Clean the dust with a brush or cloth
- The best practice is to clean after every use.
- Apply a shoe protector to protect your shoes.
Removing stains off your shoes
If the shoes get some unwanted stains, they badly affect the skin and look of shoes. All the stains should be removed for better wear.
- If the stains are fresh try removing them with a clean fabric cloth/ brush.
- If your shoes have stains Make a solution of dishwashing soap with water. Mix it properly.
- Take a microfiber cloth with the solution and clean the area of the stain. You can also use a soft brush. Scrub the stain with a damp cloth or soft brush.
- After removing stains, use a paper towel that absorbs moisture.
- Leave for drying at room temperature. You can put your shoes on again once dried.
Protecting shoes with a shoe protector:
The general shoe protectors are not ideal for protecting velvet shoes. You can protect your velvet shoes with a good-quality shoe protector.
- Select a good quality fabric protectant spray with the qualities to repel stains and water resistance.
- Before using the protectant, try it on a small area such as the back of the shoes. After applying the spray, observe it to make sure that no unwanted results came.
- Keep the spray at a distance of 6cm for better results. Spray all common areas like the upper and sides.
- Leave the shoes for drying purposes. Once completed dried, you can use your shoes for another wear.
- To get better results spray your shoes after every few wear ( 4 to 8).
FAQs: How to clean velvet shoes.
1.how to take care of velvet shoes
velvet shoes require some extra care to be taken off. You can take care of your velvet shoes by removing any dirt and dust regularly. Always use a soft cloth or brush to remove dust. Hard brushes may damage the velvet shoes. if you find any stains immediately blot excess moisture. You can also use a gentle solution of soap with water and apply it to the area of the stains with a brush. To protect your shoes for future wear, use a shoe protector with the characteristics of repelling water and stains.
2.How to protect velvet shoes?
Velvet shoes liven your outfit with a decent look, but they get dirty too. You can protect velvet shoes by cleaning them on regular basis. If dirt and dust are removed after every use you can protect shoes from getting damaged. Clean and remove stains with a suitable solution and cloth. There are many good shoe protectors are available in the market. Get a good one and keep your shoes protected.
3.how to clean black velvet shoes
black velvet shoes have an adorable sheen, but it’s hard to maintain their look. Like dirt and dust makes them look ugly. You can clean black velvet shoes in three different ways. The first one is using a soft brush to remove the dirt and dust off their skin. The 2nd method is removing the stains with a gentle solution of dishwashing soap with water and soft fabric cloth. The 3rd method is using a shoe protector and shoe shiner.
4.how to clean velvet leather shoes
Steps to clean velvet leather shoes.
- remove dirt with a soft cloth or brush
- check for the stains.
- identify the areas
- that make the gentle solution of dishwashing soap and water
- apply the solution with a soft brush
- don’t apply excess water
- air dry/ dry at room temperature.